blank.gifUnion Jack Flagblank.gifSt. George Cross flag blank.gifThe emblem for the county of Essex History Forum | Site Map   
Basildon History Online Share/Bookmark
blank.gif
      Add to Favourites
   
blank.gif
Laindon
blank.gif

Former Property Names - 3a of 5 - A to K


Laindon Station Estate.
blank.gif
Albert DriveBalmoral RoadFormer properties in Laindon area.
Basil DriveBerwick Road
Buckingham RoadCambridge Road
Cecil DriveConnaught Road
Cumberland RoadDiss Road
Douglas RoadEssex Road
Gloucester RoadHertford Road
Inverness RoadKent Road
For street names L-W click here.
Street Map
A larger street plan from c.1950 showing Laindon in more detail can be viewed here.
(The link will open in a new window.)
blank.gif
Address Property Name Property Type Known History Demolished
Albert Drive
     
Balmoral Road
 Asphodel   
Glen Haven   
Woodlands   
Dunrovin   
Hollywood   
Highview   
Balmoral Cottage   
Bedford Cottage   
Oak Lodge   
Helene   
Emleigh   
The Hawthorns   
Basil Drive
 Eastview   
Irene   
Kia Ora   
Rose Cottage   
Cranford Renamed Homemead (1950s).Demolished 1960s.
CranfordDetached BungalowBuilt 1950s on adjacent plot.Demolished c.1967.
Allwood   
Glenwood   
Emberley   
The Ridges   
Walkern   
Finchampstead   
Crowthorne   
St. Hillier   
Springfield   
Austin   
Manderlay   
Maryville   
Beechcroft   
Verica   
Ellendale   
West View   
Berwick Road
 Sunnydale   
The Anchorage Occupant Miss M. E. Price employed by Essex County Council as a nurse in 1936. 
Jacobean Bungalow   
Buckingham Road
 Zena   
The Taranki   
Tobruk   
Edgefield   
Hylands   
Jubilee   
South View   
Stephendale   
Meadow View   
Malvinia   
Lorano   
Alexandra   
Petit Bot   
Barton   
Buckingham House   
Bettyville   
Greenleaf   
D'Arcy   
Anchor   
Broadlea   
Woodlands   
Engadine   
Marsden   
Attleborough   
Alpha   
Cambridge Road
 Ve-and-A   
Viola   
Hawthorn   
Lauriston   
Sunnyside   
Tejador   
Edale   
Kelsey   
Phoenix   
Dorisdene   
Victoria   
Excelsior   
Henry Cottage   
Deanvilla   
Pevensey   
Edstan   
Cecil Drive
 Fairview   
Glen Ochil   
Willett   
Jeanette   
Connaught Road
 Kenwood   
Reeston   
Hillview   
Briar Lodge   
Holmlea   
Cumberland Road
 Cranbourne   
The Pines   
Langfield   
Southwold Glen   
Gladiole   
St. Roy   
Belvedere   
Providence   
West Holm   
Mispah   
Gardenia   
Acme   
Montbretia   
Harcon   
The Nook   
The Oaks   
Waldene   
Tennyson   
Bonny Villa   
Rivoli   
Pembroke   
Van Burene   
Dawson House   
Diss Road
 Marion Bungalow   
Malvern   
Marlow   
Redgrave   
Eston   
Mecca   
Jesmond   
De Wade   
Medhurst   
Shargat   
Douglas Road
 Grantham   
Eureka   
Mayview   
Heathcote   
Valencia   
Bellevue   
The Haven   
Malmesmead   
Porthpean   
Hillcrest   
St. Johns   
St. Marys   
Essex Road
 Shamrock   
Fairview   
Homeland   
Tre-bar   
Delwood   
Gloucester Road
 Alicia   
Gladyville   
Glenville   
Rosedale   
Willoughby   
The Briars   
Besancourt   
Marvin   
Springtime   
Hillbrow   
Hertford Road
 Dixie   
Hill View   
Helmia Cottage   
Burgh   
Inverness Road
 Iona   
The Laurels   
Broale   
The Ramblers   
Inverness House   
The Chestnuts   
Highfield   
Lockerbie   
Roma   
Kent Road
 Crystal Villa   
Homedene   
St. Winifreds   
The Poplars   
blank.gif
Page added: 2003
blank.gif
Other points of interest:
Bluehouse Farm was once farmed by the Markham family. In the early 1930s Markhams Chase primary school opened on land once attached to the farm. The main farmhouse survived to the early 1970s when, empty and vandalised, it was set on fire and demolished soon after.

Text researched and written 2003.
Copyright © 2003, B. Cox - Basildon History Online. All rights reserved.

blank.gif
Contact: E-Mail
blank.gif
Back a Page Former Property Names Laindon Top of Page Homepage Next Page
© Basildon History Online Website - WWW.BASILDON.COM