blank.gifUnion Jack Flagblank.gifSt. George Cross flag blank.gifThe emblem for the county of Essex History Forum | Site Map   
Basildon History Online Share/Bookmark
blank.gif
      Add to Favourites
   
blank.gif
Pitsea
blank.gif

High Road shops, houses, businesses and public buildings in High Road, Pitsea.

For the properties on the north side of High Road follow this link.

Please note: This is a work in progress with updates as information becomes available. Where it exists, photographic evidence of the shop nameboard has been used in the naming of many of the businesses. Other additional information where known is also included with each property.

blank.gif
High Road Shops & Properties - South Side (2)
Shops, houses, businesses & public buildings between the former Gala Bingo Hall and the railway overbridge
NumberShop/House Name Business - Property TypeOpen/Built
approx.
Closed
Demolished
Still Exists
approx.
Bingo Hall car park
The HolliesSemi-detached house Post-1949Occupied
ClarendonSemi-detached house Post-1949Occupied
WelbySemi-detached house Post-1949Occupied
KimberleySemi-detached house Post-1949Occupied
Alberta HouseDetached house Pre-1946Occupied
Tennyson Drive
NormanhurstDetached house Pre-1946Occupied
YondoverDetached house Pre-1946Occupied
BeaulieuDetached house Pre-1946Demolished
Old ParsonageDetached houseG.A. Crooks
Cyril E. Bartlett - Phoebe H. Bartlett
Pre 1927
1940
1940
--
Demolished
1Ada M. Newman (1949)
Emma M. Newman
Residence Pre-1946Demolished
2Welbort Ltd.
Charles F.R. Forman - Jeanie A. Forman
(relocated: 53 Luncies Road, Barstable)
Stationers, Newsagents, Confectionery
Stationers, Newsagents, Confectionery
Residence
1934
1945
1945
1960
Demolished
3 Thomas F. Mann (1949)
Ivy Clark
Residence
c.1920sDemolished
WelwynDetached house residenceThomas James Saunders (1949)
Thomas Saunders
Rose Ann Saunders
Matilda Saunders
c.1920sDemolished
Pollard RoadPollard Road was cleared of all residential properties by c.1965. The area remained undeveloped until the 1980s when a d.i.y. store called Bulk (now Go Outdoors) opened. The Pollard road name has not been reintroduced since. --1960s
2 Valley HouseR.F. Reeder - Pet Stores (Richard F. Reeder)Pet shop
Residence
1945Post /01/1951
Demolished
BroxbourneHappy Jack - Car Breakers
Florence & Emily Daltry
Breakers yard 1939
Pre 1949
1946
--
Demolished
The GlenJohn & Emily Earl  Pre-1946Demolished
ShopGarage Fruit Stores  Pre-1946Demolished
ShopArthur Sharp (relocated: 128 Whitmore Way, Fryerns)
(& c.1982 as A. Sharp & Sons Ltd. Fishmongers, 3A Riverview Centre, Vange + Pitsea Market)
Fish and Chip Shop 19361962
Demolished Post /11/1967
Ebenezer?Albert Wyeth (1949)Residence Pre-1946Demolished
blank.gif
Page added: 25/09/2015
blank.gif
Other points of interest:


Copyright © 2015, B. Cox - Basildon History Online. All rights reserved.
blank.gif
Contact: E-Mail
blank.gif
Back a Page Pitsea Top of Page Homepage Next Page
© Basildon History Online Website - WWW.BASILDON.COM