blank.gifUnion Jack Flagblank.gifSt. George Cross flag blank.gifThe emblem for the county of Essex History Forum | Site Map   
Basildon History Online Share/Bookmark
blank.gif
      Add to Favourites
   
blank.gif
Date History
blank.gif

Station Date History: London, Tilbury & Southend Railway


blank.gif
London, Tilbury and Southend Railway - Station History
StationOpenedHistory
Fenchurch Street02/08/1841Open to Services
Minories06/07/1840Closed 24/10/1853
Leman Street01/06/1877Closed 07/07/1941
Shadwell01/10/1840renamed Shadwell & St. Georges East 01/07/1900
Closed 07/07/1941
Stepney02/08/1840renamed Stepney East 01/07/1923
renamed Limehouse 11/05/1987
Open to Services
Burdett Road11/09/1871Closed 21/04/1941
Bromley31/05/1858renamed resited 01/03/1894
Closed to LTS trains 1962
West Ham01/02/1901renamed West Ham Manor Road 11/02/1924 - 1/1969
Closed to LTS trains 1913
reopened 30/05/1999
Plaistow31/03/1858Closed to LTS trains 1962
Upton Park--/09/1877Closed to LTS trains 1962
East Ham31/03/1858Closed to LTS trains 1962
Barking13/04/1854Open to Services
1854 via Tilbury1885 via Upminster
StationOpenedHistoryStationOpenedHistory
Dagenham Dock01/07/1908Open to Services Gale Street Halt28/06/1926renamed Becontree 18/07/1932
Closed to LTS trains 1962
Rainham13/04/1854resited 1962
Open to Services
Dagenham01/05/1885renamed Dagenham East 01/05/1949
Closed to LTS trains 1962
Purfleet Rifle Range Halt1921Closed 31/05/1948 Hornchurch01/05/1885Closed to LTS trains 1962
Purfleet13/04/1854Open to Services Upminster01/05/1885Open to Services
Grays Thurrock13/04/1854renamed Grays
Open to Services
East Horndon01/05/1886renamed West Horndon 01/05/1949
Open to Services
Tilbury Dock15/06/1885renamed Tilbury Town --/12/1934
Open to Services
Laindon01/06/1888Open to Services
Tilbury Fort13/04/1854renamed Tilbury 18??
renamed Tilbury Riverside 06/07/1936
Closed 30/11/1992
Basildon25/11/1974Open to Services
Low Streetc.July 1861Closed 05/06/1967  
East Tilbury Halt07/09/1936renamed
East Tilbury
Open to Services
Horndon14/08/1854renamed Stanford-le-Hope 1854
Open to Services
Pitsea01/07/1855
01/06/1888 (direct Barking-Pitsea)
From 1888 Pitsea Junction? - renamed Pitsea for Vange (1932-1953) - renamed Pitsea (1953)
Open to Services
Benfleet01/07/1855Resited 10/12/1911
Open to Services
Leigh-on-Sea01/07/1855Resited 04/01/1934
Open to Services
Chalkwell11/09/1933Open to Services
Westcliff-on-Sea01/07/1895renamed Westcliff 1969
Open to Services
Southend01/03/1856renamed Southend-on-Sea --/06/1876
renamed Southend-on-Sea Central 01/05/1949
renamed Southend Central 1969
Open to Services
Southend East18/07/1932renamed Southend-on-Sea East 01/05/1949
renamed Southend East 1969
Open to Services
Southchurch01/07/1910renamed Thorpe Bay 18/07/1910
Open to Services
Shoeburyness01/02/1884Open to Services
London - Shoeburyness via Tilbury Loop 1999 London - Shoeburyness via Upminster 1999
Fenchurch Street
Limehouse
West Ham
Barking
Dagenham Dock
Rainham
Purfleet
Grays
Tilbury Town
East Tilbury
Stanford-le-Hope
Pitsea
Benfleet
Leigh-on-Sea
Chalkwell
Westcliff
Southend Central
Southend East
Thorpe Bay
Shoeburyness
Fenchurch Street
Limehouse
West Ham
Barking
Upminster
West Horndon
Laindon
Basildon
Pitsea
Benfleet
Leigh-on-Sea
Chalkwell
Westcliff
Southend Central
Southend East
Thorpe Bay
Shoeburyness
blank.gif
Page added: 11/09/2015
blank.gif
Other points of interest:
The information given here is limited to the station opening/closure dates from 1840 onwards. If you are seeking a more thorough and detailed history there are a number of books available.

Details of known titles can be found on this link.

Text researched and written by William Cox, 2006 with revisions and additions 2006-2015.
Basildon History Online. All rights reserved.

blank.gif
Contact: E-Mail
blank.gif
Back a Page Railway Top of Page Homepage Next Page
© Basildon History Online Website - WWW.BASILDON.COM